Winter Showcase: Dec. 17, 2 & 4 PM Capital HS PAC
This year we are excited to showcase students at 2 separate LIVE performances at the Capital High School Performing Arts Center on December 17th. Admission: Performers, Back Stage Volunteer Parents, & children under 2 are FREE. Admission is $15 per adult, $5 for children 2-18, or $30 per household (all family members living within the same home). Families with dancers in more than one show only need to pay once (your second show is free). Doors will open 30 minutes before showtime and admission will be sold onsite.
We are looking for parent volunteers to be an important part of the show and oversee our classes of dancers ages 12 & under in our backstage hallway. These volunteers will arrive 40 minutes before showtime, bring crayons & paper, simple games and/or videos to share with dancers and help manage simple costume changes. Parent volunteers will hand off dancers to our backstage crew and can watch the performance from the audience or backstage. Parent volunteers will not be charged admission. If you’re interested in serving in this role, please email us at email@example.com or let our front desk staff know.
Costumes may be picked up at Debbi’s Dance, Etc. front desk Mon-Fri 4-6 pm starting November 27th once your November dance balance has been paid in full. (To pay your balance, go to: https://app.thestudiodirector.com/debbisdanceetc/portal.sd?page=Login ). We recommend you remove visible tags and write your dancer’s name on each of the costume pieces, including accessories, tights and shoes. Alterations are the responsibility of the parent. Please keep costumes in a safe place away from young siblings and pets. Costumes are not to be used for anything (talent shows, etc.) until AFTER Winter Showcase. Costumes with a leotard base will include tights. Debbi’s Dance, Etc. also has a supply of extra tights available for purchase and we recommend FUZI Dance, Etc. for last minute dance shoes and tights. They are located at 4704 Pacific Ave SE #A, Lacey, WA 98503. They are open Tues – Fri 10-5:30 and Sat. 10-4.
Performers, Back Stage Volunteer Parents, & children under 2 are FREE. Admission is $15 per adult, $5 for children 2-18, or $30 per household (all family members living within the same home). Families with dancers in more than one show only need to pay once (your second show is free). Doors will open 30 minutes before showtime and admission will be sold onsite.
Dancer check-in begins after doors open 30 minutes before showtime. After arriving, look for the dancer check-in area at the far end of the lobby and drop off your dancer with their class parent volunteer in the backstage hallway. Please make sure your dancer has used the restroom and drop your dancer off “ready to dance” in their costume with hair and make-up done and wearing their dance shoes. If your dancer has more than one routine, bring separate bags with their costumes (including shoes, tights and accessories all labeled with dancer’s name and name of dance on the bag) to leave with backstage parent volunteers. Please do not leave any other belongings (including street shoes, jackets, water bottles, etc.). Dancers will be monitored in the backstage hallway by teachers and volunteers.
All of the dancers will parade across the stage at the end of each show. Dancers will enter the stage from the backstage hallway. Dancers will rehearse the Finale parade & dance during the week prior to the performance. To practice at home, go to: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEvL_1hofxCa0XdpNiV-muVaS7AGFEx08
When the show is over, dancers will remain on stage. Please collect your dancer from the stage. If your dancer has items in the backstage hallway, please be sure to go grab them before you exit. Post Show Pictures: After the show, the lobby will remain open for 15 minutes (or so) for picture taking with friends, family and teachers.
StreamPro AV is recording both performances. Dancers, friends & family may purchase a flash drive recording of one or both shows at: https://sites.google.com/view/ddewintershowcase2023recording?usp=sharing. The deadline to order is December 17th. Flash drives will be available for pick up at the Debbi’s Dance, Etc. front desk when classes resume on Wednesday, January 3, 2024.
Parents, family & friends are welcome to take photos during the performances. Please be courteous of your neighbors.
Congratulate your dancer with flowers available for purchase at both performances while supplies last. First come-first served. Please note: the bouquets are grower’s choice and are not identical.
Limited-time Debbi’s Dance, Etc. merchandise will be available for purchase in the lobby the day of the shows for easy holiday shopping. First come-first served.
Masking is optional for all ages inside the theatre. Please follow CDC guidelines if you have been exposed to, have tested positive, or exhibit COVID symptoms.
1. Mon. 5:15 Fresh Vibes Hip Hop "Christmas Mix"
2. Thurs. 6:00 Ballet/Lyrical Steph “Christmas Tree Farm”
3. Tues. 5:00 Petite Tap/Bal/Acro Andrea “Christmas Candy”
4. Tues. 5:00 Tap/Jazz/Acro Maddie “Greatest Time of The Year”
5. Wed. 5:30 Mini Tap/Bal/Acro Jennette “Let Love Light the Way”
6. Tues. 5:00 Tap 2 Michelle “The Man With the Bag”
7. Thurs. 5:00 Acro Dance Maddie “Shake Santa Shake”
8. Fri. 5:00 Mini Ballet/Jz/Acro Alyssa “Santa Tell Me”
9. Thurs. 5:00 Tap 3/4 Andrea “Up on the Housetop”
10. Thurs. 5:00 Mini Jazz/HH/Acro Steph “Dancing Christmas Tree”
11. Fri. 6:00 Musical Theater Jennette “What’s This”
12. Tues. 6:00 Petite Ballet Andrea “Somewhere in My Memory”
13. Thurs. 7:00 Lyrical 4/5/6 Steph “Winter Things”
14. Thurs. 7:00 Jazz/HH Maddie “Rockin Around the Tree”
15. Thurs. 6:00 Petite Performers Maddie “Christmas on The Sand”
16. Finale Parade & Dance - All Dancers "Holly Jolly Christmas"
1. Mon. 6:00 Pixie Performers Steph “Extraordinary Christmas”
2. Sat. 9:00 Mini Tap/Bal/Acro Amanda “Up on The Housetop”
3. Graduating Senior Miss Rylee "4 Carats"
4. Mon. 5:00 Teen Acro 4/5/6 Maddie “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy”
5. Thurs. 6:00 Petite Ballet 2 Amanda “I Believe”
6. Mon. 4:30 Mini Combo Steph “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?”
7. Fri. 6:00 Jazz/HH/Acro Alyssa “Jingle Bell Pop”
8. Sat. 10:00 Acro Dance Amanda “Hot Chocolate”
9. Tues. 6:00 Acro Dance Maddie “Underneath the Tree”
10. Fri. 5:00 Petite Tap/Bal/Acro Jennette “Once Upon a December”
11. Mon. 5:00 Petite Tap 2 Michelle “You Make It Feel Like Christmas”
12. Thurs. 7:00 Int. Adult Tap Andrea “December”
13. Wed. 5:00 Jazz/HH/Acro Maddie “Something in the Air”
14. Thurs. 8:00 Hip Hop 4/5/6 Maddie “I Believe in Santa"
15. Finale Parade & Dance - All Dancers "Holly Jolly Christmas"
Note: Costumes containing leotards also come with tights. Costumes with a tshirt base do not come with leggings. Costumes can be picked up from the front desk beginning Mon. Nov. 27th after November balance is paid in full.
• Mon. 4:30 pm Mini Ballet/Jazz/Acro w/ Stephanie “Do You Want to Build a Showman” Show B: white leotard, blue skirt & bow.
• Mon. 5 pm Petite Tap 2 w/ Michelle “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” Show B: Red leotard, white skirt, red hair bow.
• Mon. 5 pm Teen Acro w/ Maddie “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” Show B: Anything black
• Mon. 6 pm Pixie Performers w/ Stephanie “Extraordinary Christmas” Show B: Recital costume & pink Santa hat
• Tues. 5 pm Petite Tap/Ballet/Acro w/ Andrea “Christmas Candy” Show A: Red leotard, pink skirt & candy.
• Tues. 5 pm Tap/Jazz/Acro w/ Maddie “Greatest Time of the Year” Show A: Red leotard & lime green skirt.
• Tues. 5 pm Tap 2 w/ Michelle “Man with the Bag” Show A: Elf or Santa Hat, DDE Tshirt, red skirt (girls). Dancers also need to provide own black leggings.
• Tues. 6 pm Petite Ballet “Somewhere in My Memory” Show A: Red leotard, green& gold skirt, gold hair ribbon.
• Tues. 6pm AcroDance w/ Maddie “Underneath the Tree” Show B. Green Tshirt & White skirt, any black leggings.
• Wed. 5 pm Jazz/Hip Hop w/ Maddie “Something in the Air” Show B. Red leotard, multi light up skirt & headband.
• Wed. 5:30 pm Mini Tap/Ballet/Acro w/ Jennette “Let Love Light the Way” Show A: White leotard, red skirt, red sequin bow.
• Thurs. 5 pm Mini Jazz/Hip Hop/Acro w/ Stephanie “Dancing Christmas Tree” Show A: White leotard, green skirt w/ bow
• Thurs. 5 pm Acro Dance w/ Maddie “Shake Santa Shake” Show A: Red leotard, white light up tutu & tights.
• Thurs. 5 pm Tap 3/4 w/ Andrea “Up on the Housetop” Show A: Anything black on the bottom/Christmas on top
• Thurs. 6 pm Petite Performing Group w/ Maddie Show A: Recital costume.
• Thurs. 6 pm Petite Ballet 2 w/ Amanda “I Believe” Show B: Red leotard, gold skirt & bow.
• Thurs. 6 pm Ballet Lyrical w/ Stephanie “Christmas Tree Farm” Show A: Green Tshirt & black light up tutu, any black leggings.
• Thurs. 7 pm Lyrical 4/5/6 w/ Stephanie “Winter Things” Show A: Any costume/dancewear red, black & white.
• Thurs. 7 pm Adult Tap w/ Andrea “December” Show B: Anything silver, blue & snowflakes
• Thurs. 7 pm Jazz/Hip Hop w/ Maddie “Rockin Around the Christmas Tree” Show A: Green tshirt, red tutu and any black bottoms.
• Thurs. 8 pm Hip Hop 4/5/6 w/ Maddie “I Believe in Santa” Show B: Red sweatpants & anything black.
• Fri. 5 pm Mini Ballet/Jazz/Acro w/ Alyssa “Santa Tell Me” Show A: White leotard, red skirt w/ white trim, red & white scarf and headband w/ Santa hat. 5
• Fri. 5 pm Petite Tap/Ballet/Acro w/ Jennette “Once Upon a December” Show B: Red leotard, red skirt w/ poinsettias
• Fri. 6 pm Jazz/Hip Hop w/ Alyssa “Jingle Bell Pop” Show B: Red leotard, red skirt, green bow, green jingle bell necklace.
• Fri. 6 pm Musical Theatre w/ Jennette “What’s This?” Show A: Anything black, white, purple, green.
• Sat. 9 am Mini Tap/Ballet/Acro w/ Amanda “Up on the Housetop” Show B: White leotard, red & green jingle skirt & bow
• Sat. 10 am AcroDance w/ Amanda “Hot Chocolate” Show B: Red leotard, tights & hot chocolate cup accessories.
• Competition groups for ages 9+
• Mon. 12:00 Tap
• Mon. 6:00 Jazz 2/3
• Mon. 6:00 Jazz 4/5/6
• Mon. 7:00 Adult Jazz
• Tues. 5:30 Pointe
• Tues. 6:00 Acro 2/3/4
• Tues. 6:00 Ballet 4/5/6
• Tues. 7:00 Hip Hop 2/3
• Tues. 7:30 Contemporary
• Wed. 5:00 Lyrical/Contemporary
• Wed. 6:00 Ballet 2
• Wed. 7:00 Tween/Teen Ballet
• Thurs. 5:00 Tap 5/6
• Thurs. 6:00 Stretch
• Sat. 11:00 Tall and Small
June 2022 & 2023 Dance Spectacular Pictures & Videos available for pick up at Debbi's Dance, Etc. To place an order, go to:
-Recital DVD, Blu-Ray or Flash Drive recording: https://www.spiritborne.com/shop